Saturday, January 28, 2012

Punctuality

OMG.  I just woke up and I'm going to be late.   I'm retired for heaven's sake, so why did I make this appointment for so early?    What can I say?   What excuse can I give?    Can I claim the traffic?    Should I say my car wouldn't start?    I'm sure that if I weren't a Capricorn, I wouldn't be going through these gyrations.   I'm always on time.   I was known throughout the length and breadth of California for being punctual, and that mantle is again falling upon me now that I live in the state of Washington.   Barbara is always prompt, so many people have said, and if she's late, then you'd better worry about her 'cos something terrible must have happened.   My image is going to be shattered.   Hmmm, perhaps I could break my leg?    That would leave my image intact.    Perhaps, now this is just a thought:  perhaps--I could tell the truth?    Admit that I overslept?   

I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment